Monday, December 13, 2010

Skulls!

I drew my first skull back like Freshman year and I thought it was extremely fun! Then 5 years later we get to draw them again... I didn't realize how difficult it could be! There's way more to the skull than I anticipated. I didn't know that pretty much every bump and section had its own name. It seems like that should be obvious.... anyhow...

Here's my first attempt at drawing a skull:


The basic shape is a little hard to get down. I kept on having problems with the jaw being too short and not elongated enough. The part where the brain goes is also a little mushed. I think it's a good first attempt though.

Here's my 2nd attempt:


I tried a different view this time to see if I could get a better result. I think this one turned out better. There's a better shape to the skull, the brain area looks less mushed and the jaw area seems to be long enough. It wasn't quite right but still better. Just need lots more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment