Monday, December 6, 2010

Minneapolis Musuem Adventure

So right before Thanksgiving was our big museum trip. Overall it was alright. I'm really not a huge fan of "modern art" honestly. I think it's kinda pointless. Anywho, that's not really relevant I suppose.

I rather enjoyed the Bell Museum of Natural History. There were so many animals and quite a few of them had interesting poses which was neat to look at and observe.



I did 3 drawings, two of them in the canine family and one of some cranes. My canines turned out the best. I found it rather difficult to draw the animals because the fur covered up all the curves and muscles. I just need to practice more. It was good to at least get proportions and poses worked on. Now to just learn fur and feathers!

I wish we had a little more time at the Bell but it was still worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. I also drew the wolves. I thought it was nice practice to try and observe the bones through the fur. your wolf has a nice face. I can tell you have a style that you lean on when drawing faces. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete