Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hands and Shoulder Blades

Oh my, the semester is pretty much done! *switching on freak-out-all-nighter mode*

I have LOTS of work to do on so many things! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Anyway....So for one week we worked on Shoulder Blades and Hands (or something along those lines). Both of which I seem to have a rather hard time with. For some reason I'm having a hard time grasping the concept of the shoulder blades, I just can't seem to get them right! I need to make a mental note to work on that more. I had a good view of the model to draw them too, although not a whole lot was going on with that view...



Hands...they're so tricky to draw! Mine always look funky no matter what I do! I think making the skeleton lines of how the fingers are bending is a huge help. Thumbs certainly can throw off the whole picture though. I need to make my fingers look more realistic and less cartoony. I also need to think about the planes more too.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem with the hands, but, I think that yours are developing nicely. The skeletal structure does help a lot and it looks like you were starting to pay close attention to the different planes. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete