Sunday, December 19, 2010

Final Shell Drawing...

So here goes the last of the shell drawings!!! All in all, I kinda liked them actually. Well, at first I didn't and thought it was dumb. But now I kinda like it. My second and third shells turned out the best (so far). As I'm typing this I've only drawn the fourth shell. I still have to ink it, which will be fun!!!

So here it is. I'm not that happy with the line work :\ My last one was so much better! I think it's because I had the opening to work with, which gives it an interesting shape. This one was all spikes and stuff... not terribly exciting.... At least it fills up the page and has a pretty decent angle.


I'll post the rest of this blog when I get the inking done :)

And here's the inking....


Hmmm, I'm not exactly happy with how it turned out... the colors got a little out of control :\ I like the drips but yeah... I tried to experiment a little more and it didn't turn out so great. Oh well, better luck next time.

2 comments:

  1. After seeing your drawing during our final the one area that I was drawn to the most was the middle spike. It looks very realistic and the way you highlighted it by not adding any ink to that particular area worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the use of ink in this shell, the way you let it almost drip in the form and out again. However, I do agree in class that the brown was very distracting, but otherwise I think it was a strong shell and the linework seems so delicate and definitely describe the form very well! Good job!

    ReplyDelete