Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Drip, drip, there goes my sanity...

So happy fun times with ink! I actually find it super relaxing and I feel like it's something I can actually do!

At first I was really discouraged about this whole "ink painting" thing. I didn't really see much of a relation either to the class, other than something different to do with the shells than just lines and more lines. Here is what my shell looks like before I slopped ink all over it. I'm actually rather pleased with how it turned out. There is a nice variation of lines and you can actually tell what it is. It also took up the page nicely! I was super scared to ink it... Only major problem I have with it is that the back end of the shell isn't as light as I'd have liked it. I also learned that this paper is a pain to erase lines on!!!!!


Annnnnnnnd.... here it is with the ink!


For my first time doing stuff like this, I'm super pleased. It's not as colorful as I would like, but I think I did a rather good job with the shadows and highlights on it. It definitely looks a lot better with ink than without it. Just gotta work on getting better colors for next time!

Oh also, my paper is super wavy!!! Anyone else having this problem and know how to remedy it?

3 comments:

  1. I think your inked shell turned out pretty successfully! I like the subtlety. It's just enough ink to be satisfying, but not so much that it's overwhelming. I know if you tape your paper down, it will dry less wrinkly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! I think your shell contour turned out fantastic. You did a really good job describing the form with just the right amount of lines. Another thing you did well was line weight variation. I would like to see a little more drama in your application of ink, it's good but I think it may be a little bit underdone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon! I love to find out that you find working with ink somewhat-relaxing-maybe not relaxing but most definately theraupetic, I feel the same way and I think it really shows on your beautiful ink work. Cannot wait to see how the next turns out. The background is like this really subtle lovely pink. Man, I need to experiment with the colors more with mine. How inspiring.

    ReplyDelete