Monday, September 13, 2010

Introduction

My name is Sharon Stickney and I'm a design student at University of Wisconsin - Stout. I chose to be in the art field because for a job I really wanted to express myself creatively rather than sit behind a desk and punch letters all day. I graduated fall 2009 with a concentration in Graphic Design and a minor in Business Administration. I re-enrolled last spring to start a concentration in Multimedia Design and I also took up the Photography minor. I hope to gain more experience so I'm more sellable as an artist.

The work I'm most proud of is a majority of my photography as well as my Senior Show I did for graphic design last fall. You can visit my DeviantArt account to view some samples of my work: http://lady-draco.deviantart.com/ I have a good mix of digital, traditional and photo works that I've done.

I think my most favorite course I've taken at Stout would have to be Children's Literature. It was such a fascinating class and it was a topic that I really enjoyed. I also got to make my own children's book for my final project. Dr. Levy is an amazing professor.

I'm taking Life Drawing 1 because I really want to understand the human form better so I'm not so embarrassed to draw people all the time. I really am looking forward to getting a lot out of this class.

When I graduate (for good) I hope to get a job related to what I'm doing for design. I'm really not picky, I just want it to be in my area of study.

No comments:

Post a Comment