Sunday, September 26, 2010

Human Form

Second week of classes got more interesting for me. I had a crash-course on life drawing when Amy taught my Digital Narrative class last spring. I learned a lot about how the body moves and perception and anatomy.

First we did 30 second exercises which I found very helpful. Got a good chance to work on anatomy and body movement. Amy also showed us where the pelvic bone should properly end on the spinal column so it's correctly proportional. These exercises also showed us to not focus so much on the nitty gritty details and just try to get in the form correctly.


We then did contour drawings for a longer period of time. This time we were supposed to get into more of the nitty gritty details. I'm actually rather pleased with how mine turned out. It's fairly proportionate and detailed. I just wish I had more time to work on the hands or spent more time doing that then something else. I need a lot of work but I'm still pleased with what I did.


After we did contour drawings we went back to short drawings. But this time we had 15-10 minutes to work on them. It was informational to get the movement quick then add in some of the details. I learned a lot from this exercise and I think I enjoyed this one the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment