Sunday, October 31, 2010

Midterm Reflection

I missed a couple weeks on my blog... whoops.... I've been having kind of a weird semester with all the things that have been going on in my life... Anyway...

Here is the location of my gallery sets for my portfolio.

I have learned so much this quarter already! I can really tell that my drawing skills have improved and my attention to detail is higher. I'm rather proud of some of the drawings I've done of the model, they actually look pretty good and the contours look good too. My proportions are still a bit off but they are much better than they were when I started. I do know that I really really need to improve on my muscle maniken and my shell drawings. My muscles have more to be desired and I really need to spend more time working on it. I really just need to redo all of them.... I'll get to it eventually...



And my shell drawing... I just really need to focus on the shell as a whole and not each individual bump on it. When I first did my shell drawing I focused too much on all the tiny bumps on it and my drawing just came out as a bunch of scribbles. When I do my next one I need to look more at just the basic shapes and getting the base down first before I try to do more of the details.



I have a hard time trying to get these blogs done... I -do- understand the reasoning behind them, I just always forget to get them done on time and I feel really bad about it...my goal for the second part of the semester is to get a blog done every week so I don't fail the class...

4 comments:

  1. I totally hear you on the blog thing. Mine always show up Monday or Tuesday . . . :S Hopefully she has a little of that better late than never philosophy!

    I am also feeling a little lost with the manikin. Sometimes, no matter how I long I look at that book, I still can't figure out how to get the muscles to look just right. I guess we can only do the best we can, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that your drawing above of the model isn't from this week but it shows really good foreshortening! It's something that we've all dealt with this semester, it's odd that she taught us about it just now. However, it doesn't look like you are struggling with it! The arms and legs are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The models are a headache for me as well! Ugh! Looking at the book sometimes confuses me more because they don't show how muscles overlap. I'm definitely not looking forward to the leg muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy the shell at the bottom. I thought you did a great job at showing different line weights to show the definition in the shell.

    ReplyDelete